Q. What is a WATER SOFTENER?
A. Hard water contains dissolved minerals in the form of Calcium (Ca), Magnesium (Mg), and Iron (Fe). Removal of these minerals is accomplished by softening the water through an ion exchange process. As the water flows through the mineral tank, the dissolved minerals become attached to the resin. Over a period of time the resin will become exhausted, and the softener will regenerate using a brine solution.
Q. What is a CARBON FILTER?
A. Activated Carbon is the established standard for reduction of Chlorine, organics, color, tannin, and objectionable tastes and odors. We have Carbon that meets Codex and AWWA B606 standards and is NSF certified.
Q. What are UV DISINFECTION SYSTEMS?
A. Ultraviolet disinfection systems channel water past submerged lamps that emit lethal doses of UV energy, destroying any pathogens. The strength of a dose is a product of the UV light intensity and exposure time. Not only is it safe and highly effective, UV DOES NOT change the taste, color, or odor in water. It simply removes the risk of illness caused by microbial contamination making your water safe to drink or use commercially. When bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms are exposed to germicidal UV light at a particular wavelength (243.7 nonometers), their reproductive capabilities are destroyed which means they are inactivated and no longer pose a threat to human health. Applications include: homes, farms, hospitals, restaurants, laboratories, food and beverage companies, pharmaceutical companies, and community water systems.
Q. My water smells like ROTTEN EGGS! What is it?
A. Hydrogen Sulfide gas (H2S) is a nuisance that is not usually a health risk at concentrations normally found in household water. Water containing Hydrogen Sulfide, commonly called, "sulfur water" has a distinctive "rotten egg" odor, which may be especially noticeabble when running hot water. Such water can discolor coffee, tea, and other beverages. It can also alter the appearance and taste of cooked foods. Hydrogen Sulfide dissolved in water can also corrode plumbing metals such as Iron, Steel, Copper, and Brass. It can also corrode exposed metal parts in washing machines and other water-using appliances. The presence of Hydrogen Sulfide may be seasonal and frequently occur in well water which also contains Manganese. Although there are various treatment alternatives, often the treatment for Hydrogen Sulfide is the same as for Iron and Manganese, allowing removal of all three contaminants in one simple process.
Q. What does Water Purification Systems offer?
- Ultraviolet Disinfection Systems
- Water softeners and filters
- Chemical Feed Pumps
- Replacement Filter Beds
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Removal systems
- Air Systems
- Iron Removal Systems
- Salt Delivery Service
- Carbon Change Service
- Chemical-free iron removal systems
- Commercial and Residential Reverse Osmosis Systems
Q. What perks are there for me if I buy a system for my whole home or business?
- MONEY STRETCHER- The cost of your cleaning supplies is less with conditioned water. You will use less soap and fewer harsh chemicals to get the job done.
- SOAP SAVER- Hard water impairs the cleaning strength of detergents. With conditioned water, you can reduce soap requirements up to 70%.
- BODY REFRESHER- You'll FEEL the difference with conditioned water. Feel "really clean" faster and without soap buildup on your skin. A conditioned water shampoo revives hair color and makes it more radiant.
- STAIN ELIMINATOR- All bathroom fixtures benefit from conditioned water. No more unsightly rings, stains, or mineral build up.
- FACE SAVER- Say goodbye to razor burn as your razor glides smoothly across your face.
- PIPE PROTECTOR- Hard water in pipes and water heaters over time can cause buildup and scale, reducing water pressure.
- FAUCET SAVER- Hard water scale corrodes and plugs valves in water-using appliances. It shortens service life and costs you money.